Carbon Black stands for industrially utilized soot, intentionally produced colloidal carbon particulate matter.
Carbon black is produced by incomplete combustion processes or thermal decomposition of gaseous or liquid hydrocarbons under controlled conditions. It accumulates as a black, fine, highly dusty powder.
Carbon Black applications at Ebbecke Verfahrenstechnik:
- Filling / Transferring: Contract filling of big bags, sacks, drums, cartons and all types of special containers
- Contract Mixing: Creating powder blends and coatings
- Micronization: Contract milling of carbon black products
- Granulation: Production of pigment granules
- Screening: Utilization of long-stroke and vibration screening machines
- Drying: Various drying systems to reduce moisture content
- Sample Management: Filling and transferring of sample containers
- Metal Detection: Metal particle contamination control of pigmented products
Carbon black consists of more than 96 percent amorphous carbon and small amounts of oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen and sulfur. Most of these elements are concentrated on the surface. The oxygen content of subsequently oxidized carbon black can be up to 15 percent.
The Ebbecke Verfahrenstechnik plant in Burbach near Siegen offers customers complete bulk material process technology for carbon black products. Processing at this site includes screening, mixing, contract milling, micronizing, transferring and contract filling as well as the complete warehousing for the corresponding black pigmented products.