Bundesverband mittelständische Wirtschaft (BVMW) – Entrepreneurs’ Association of Germany
© shutterstock.com by mizar_21984
Services and offers
BVMW offers its member companies individual support in all entrepreneurial areas, from purchasing to recruiting, support in digitalization, innovation, health promotion, and legal and tax matters.
In addition, the association represents the political interests of SMEs – regionally, nationally and internationally.
Purposes and goals
The association has the following purposes and goals:
(1) to represent the interests of small and medium-sized enterprises vis-à-vis politicians and the public and to ensure that the achievements of small and medium-sized enterprises are presented;
(2) to participate in the formation of political will for the preservation and promotion of the necessary political, administrative and social framework conditions for small and medium-sized business;
(3) to represent the interests of small and medium-sized entrepreneurs in all sectors and occupational groups vis-à-vis the public, politicians, administrators, trade unions and all other social groups, and to give small and medium-sized businesses the weight they deserve in accordance with their importance for the national economy;
(4) to influence legislation so that the importance and special conditions of the small and medium-sized economy are continuously taken into account;
(5) to support and represent the professional and industry-related interests of the member associations and to assume the function of an umbrella organization of the medium-sized economy;
(6) to promote cooperation among the associations of small and medium-sized businesses;
(7) as a self-help organization of the small and medium-sized business community, to provide practical information, advice and support to its members and to promote cooperation and the exchange of experience among entrepreneurs;
(8) to make small and medium-sized enterprises fit for the future in the face of global competition, in particular through innovations for sustainable management, in-company environmental protection with due regard for competitiveness, key technologies and appropriate product development, as well as an increased foreign trade presence of small and medium-sized enterprises;
(9) to influence the employer organizations responsible for collective bargaining policy in the interests of medium-sized companies so that their special circumstances are taken into account; to safeguard the interests of members in their function as employers vis-à-vis trade unions and other employee representative bodies as well as public authorities; and to advise members on making the world of work more flexible and on shaping working conditions;
(10) to take measures that serve the social interests of employees within the framework of company social policy; to point out solutions in the area of company pension schemes as well as in the area of company asset formation; and to advise members with regard to favorable social security;
(11) to advocate the creation and safeguarding of jobs, to serve the health of members and their employees, and to convey a positive image of companies and managers to the public;
(12) to promote cooperation with educational, scientific and research organizations, i.e. schools, colleges, universities, vocational training institutions, research institutes and small and medium-sized businesses.1
Ebbecke Verfahrenstechnik AG is a member and official partner company of the Bundesverband mittelständische Wirtschaft.