IBC-Container (Intermediate-Bulk-Container) have a welded frame made from steel tubes, an integrated pallet and a robust reusable polymer container. The transport handling of liquid goods is particularly uncomplicated with this type of container. IBCs are characterized by relatively low acquisition costs and are optionally available with UN approval for the transport of dangerous goods.
Types of IBC:
- Combined-IBC: This type of container consists of a pallet with a plastic tank and a simple cage or tube frame. According to hazardous materials regulations they are categorized as large bulk containers.
- Plastic-IBC: These are not often used for filling processes. The container consists of a detached plastic tank, which, due to the increased wall thickness weighs significantly more than a combined IBC.
- Metal IBC: As they are particularly robust, these containers are used in the chemical, pharma and cosmetics industries, as well as the food industry. They are typically made of stainless steel and can easily be recycled.
- Temperature controlled IBC: These electrically heated containers, which are based on metallic IBCs, are used for the transport of temperature-sensitive goods. Goods with up to 180° C can be transported.
- Foldable IBC: The foldable IBCs were developed to meet the high demands of hygiene and safety in the food industry. They enable the cost-efficient transport and storage of fruit concentrates, fruit preparations, dairy products and other liquid and viscous products.
Octabins are a heavy-duty packaging solution for the transport and storage of bulk goods. Made of corrugated board, the octagonal packaging consists of base, walls and lid and can be erected manually. Due to the low weight of the heavy-duty packaging, this packaging solution is used at Ebbecke Verfahrenstechnik to reduce CO² emissions.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermediate_Bulk_Container, accessed: 24. September 2019, 21:00 UTC