The special process enables the environmentally friendly production of uniform and dimensionally stable pastilles. The melt directly solidifies to form pastilles. No downstream equipment for grinding, crushing or other reduction processes is required. This results in advantages in costs, energy consumption and environmental impact.
The Rotoformer consists of a heated cylindrical inner body and an outer tube with numerous holes, which rotates concentrically around the inner body, thereby depositing product drops across the entire width of the steel belt.
Pastille and process characteristics:
- The pastilles are solidified directly from the melt. This means that no further machines are required, which is also a cost and time advantage.
- The pastilles are very uniform, dimensionally stable and practically dust-free.
- The pastilles are free-flowing and ideal for transport, mixing, storage and further processing.
- Higher bulk density and better packaging properties compared to the more bulky flakes.
- Environmentally friendly production, as there is no contact between the cooling medium (water) and the product and therefore no contamination.